Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Remington 597 VTR

Microgunner

OK. I just ordered the 597 VTR and (2) 30 rnd magazines for it. It comes with a 10 rounder. I ordered it mostly out of fustration of not being able to order a S&W M&P15-22. None of the wholesalers we buy from have the S&W in stock. I'll get the S&W as soon as the crunch eases up but for now at least it's a new firearm to feed my addiction. Plus, I like Remington and don't own a 597.

Today's my first day back to work (my Monday) and I find my 597VTR arrived yesterday along with the (2) 30 rnd. mags and the TruGlo 2x red & green 2.5MOA dot scope #TG8030DB2. Out of the box this rifle feels alot better than I expected with it's aluminum receiver housing & free floated aluminun fore end tube. The trigger group/mag well is plastic but appears well done. Trigger pull is creepy and heavy but much superior to my Colt's M4 OPS 22. Let me screw some parts together & see how it runs.