Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Started process on a 522PK, probably buying another GSG

drifter2be

So living in Komifornia, I have another 8 days before I can pick up my GSG 522PK. Been excited about this gun for a while and even more so now that I finally have it in the california gun jail. The only thing that is disappointing is because I have to get the CA version I am stuck with that stupid bullet button.

Now after browsing a california gun forum I find a guy relatively local selling one of the old GSG-5 rifles, round count under 300, comes with a second ten round magazine, and is including a folding stock (don't know if its legal in that config though) and the asking price seems too good to be true ($350). Regardless I already contacted the guy and am planning on meeting up with him in the next day or so whenever he is available to inspect and purchase it. Guess I have a better reason now to sell that Mossberg tactical 22.

All that being said, is there anything specific that I should keep an eye out for on one of the original GSG-5s, anything that typically is a problem on these rifles? Thanks in advance everyone.

So being the impatient mo-fo that I am I drove out and picked up my 522-pk today, and picked up a pro-mag 10 round magazine for it, got home, tossed that single round magazine into the back of my safe and began monkeying around with it. Installed the CA version slip on muzzle brake, and put my sightmark reflex sight on it, although I think I am going to switch that out for a different red dot sight as I have not been too big of a fan of this reflex sight. I have two of the short ten round GSG magazines that will be here the day I pick up my rifle. For now I like it, I am trying to figure out an elegant solution for this stupid bullet button they put on the CA version that will smooth out the magazine change process. Probably going to order a new butt cap with a sling provision. Overall, not having actually shot the gun yet, I can say that I really like it, it feels pretty solidly built for what it is.

Time for the crumby cellphone picture, will take good pics when I pick up its big brother next week.

[img width=800 height=600]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac130/88_7mge/2011-12-08134539.jpg