Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Drop in triggers

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Any small pin AR15 trigger group will work.  I have a geissele ssa-e ready for my 15-22. Buds shipped it out today and is suppose to be here Tuesday.

Timney, CMC, Jard, JP, Rock River all make good triggers. The price is a shocker but after having a geissele in my ar15 I would never shoot anything else.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all,  I'm somewhat new to the world tactical .22's and was wondering if this http://www.amazon.com/CMC-Triggers-Ar-15-Single-Trigger/dp/B005QHVM72/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1AXHTWLL0CHUV&coliid=I3E0SW74WYG8IX trigger would fit as a direct, drop in replacement for the sub par trigger on the 15-22.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Having talked directly with CMC on their trigger, and having initially installed it in a DPMS LR-308 with no problems, I moved it to my 15-22 when I sold the LR-308. I have had absolutely no problems with ignition or anything else in the 15-22. I really like this trigger.  As I understand, it is possible to install any mil-spec AR trigger in the 15-22 and I have personally seen virtually all of the after market triggers in use at my club. It is one of the reasons I chose the 15-22 over all of the other AR style .22's. I see no reason for you to be concerned, put in a much better trigger and have some fun.

RichH

I should have also mentioned that if you do decide to use the CMC trigger, you will probably have to buy the KNS pin set. Since it is a drop in trigger, and there is no spring tension on the standard pins, they will slide out very easily. This is the only install I have seen in an AR platform where the KNS pins, or something similar, are mandatory.

RichH

I have had my 15 22 MOE for about 8 months now.....I have the blue spring in my trigger.......My trigger is smooth and doesn't seem to have all that hard a pull.....No creep and a crisp break........I shoot from 25 to 100 yards and am happy with my grouping................................I think that all this trigger modding is just a fad....The 15 22 is not a match grade rifle and trigger mods aren't going to make it one................................

Guess that would depend on the type of match and the personal requirements of the shooter. While I agree the 15-22 will never be a bench rifle, it is a good tactical match rifle that, with a few minor improvements, can made into a great one. I also understand that not everyone has a local shooting club with the resources to put on several tactical steel matches per month, so informal plinking is the order of the day, and the stock trigger certainly functions well enough for that. At my club we have 40-60 shooters in our twice monthly match and I have seen everything from stock 10-22's to highly customized 10-22's to stock and highly customized AR .22 platforms. Even seen a couple of select fire lowers with the .22 uppers. While we are all there for the fun and camaraderie, we all also know the clock is running and bragging rights are on the line. Besides, why not have nice firearms for training and competition?

RIchH

I love to shoot in the desert at times. What I really like are the organized competitions. I am a member at Rio Salado Sportsman's Club. They have a tactical .22 match on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month with 45-50 shooters. It is a real blast. I also shoot the Tuesday night steel when I can. PM me if you want to talk and maybe go shooting sometime.

RichH

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...