Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Sig 522 on Gunbroker

imschur

Hi folks, I purchased a new Sig 522 rifle last week in a retail store, Goods For The Woods, in Durango, Colorado.  They had 2 for sale in the store.  I had ordered one from Impact a few months ago but the owner at GoodsFTW called to notify me that they were in.  BTW, this store also had in stock the GSG-5, the Smith, Colt, and Ruger AR style .22lr rifles.  I handled all of them but the Sig was it for me.  $469.00 plus tax.  I added a Bushnell .22rimfire scope and had it laser sighted in the store.  Anyway, I've since had the chance to fire about 150 rounds of Federal bulk ammo through the rifle and it is sweeeet.  Not a misfire.  The Sig ships in a blue plastic case with lock, ONE mag, paperwork, AND NO IRON SIGHTS.  This was a big disappointment since I expected it to have the fold-up iron sights shown in the SIG website and SIG catalog.  Ah well, I can probably order the sights from Sig along with extra 25 round mags.  The mag is a clear "plastic"/polycarbonate, and  seems very sturdy.  The rifle overall is excellently made, light but solid, terrific ergonomics.  Well worth the wait and I think a bargain even though many would consider a .22lr rifle for nearly $500 an outrage.  Look at it this way: the Sig 522 gives you the look and feel of a $1800 Sig 556 yet you can shoot 500 rounds for 20 bucks.  I'll  post pics this weekend when I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, I purchased a new Sig 522 rifle last week in a retail store, Goods For The Woods, in Durango, Colorado.  They had 2 for sale in the store.  I had ordered one from Impact a few months ago but the owner at GoodsFTW called to notify me that they were in.  BTW, this store also had in stock the GSG-5, the Smith, Colt, and Ruger AR style .22lr rifles.  I handled all of them but the Sig was it for me.  $469.00 plus tax.  I added a Bushnell .22rimfire scope and had it laser sighted in the store.  Anyway, I've since had the chance to fire about 150 rounds of Federal bulk ammo through the rifle and it is sweeeet.  Not a misfire.  The Sig ships in a blue plastic case with lock, ONE mag, paperwork, AND NO IRON SIGHTS.  This was a big disappointment since I expected it to have the fold-up iron sights shown in the SIG website and SIG catalog.  Ah well, I can probably order the sights from Sig along with extra 25 round mags.  The mag is a clear "plastic"/polycarbonate, and  seems very sturdy.  The rifle overall is excellently made, light but solid, terrific ergonomics.  Well worth the wait and I think a bargain even though many would consider a .22lr rifle for nearly $500 an outrage.  Look at it this way: the Sig 522 gives you the look and feel of a $1800 Sig 556 yet you can shoot 500 rounds for 20 bucks.  I'll  post pics this weekend when I can.

We want pics. We want pics. We want pics.  :grin: