Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Mitchell's Mausers-- Mitchell PPS 50/22

Dusty44

Mitchell's Mausers is offering a .22LR clone of the Russian PPSh 41 sub-machine gun.  The PPSh 41 is the quintessential Russian sub-machine gun with the perforated pipe over the barrel and a big drum magazine.

The PPSh 41 is  vintage WW-2,  used in various  versions through Korea and Viet Nam.  The rifle was heavily used by the Red Army in WW-2 and captured weapons were favored by the Wehrmacht.  In Korea  a version was used by the Chinese and proved superior in close combat to the weapons used by the US and NATO forces.  Some of these sub-machine guns were also used in Viet Nam.  (Ref:  Wikipedia.)  Primary chambering of the PPSh 41 is the Tokarev 7.62x25 MM,  an impressive cartridge worth some internet research time. 

The Mitchell PPS 50/22 is the 'Gun of the Month'  in the April 2012 "Guns."  The description sounds like it is a copy/trickle-down version of the Russian rifle and not a 10/22 rewrap?  50 round drum magazine and 10 & 30 round clips.  Price mentioned in "Guns"  for their giveaway is close to $650.  Interesting but much too rich for my pocketbook nerve. 

'Call up' Gunsmagazine.com and enter the drawing?

If anyone has any more information it would be interesting to hear.

The PPS 22 (made in Italy) has been offered by different companies over the years, all the same rifle from the same manufacturer. I purchased one imported by Puma Arms a few years back and it is one of the finest tactical 22s I own, although my metal 50 round drum refused to work.

I hear the new BDM polymer drum mags work as advertised.