Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Picking a .22

mcheath

I have not contacted Umarex and I should and will and report back here what they have to say.  I've talked to them about other issues related to M4 before I bought it and they were very responsive. 

While these loose nuts and bolts are a bit annoying, they are not at all detracting from my enjoyment of the rifle!  It's exceeded my expectations in every way, utterly reliable, very accurate, good ergonomics and a great time to shoot. 

But then my expectations were rather low after reading all the bad chatter about the Colt M4 .22 on the Internet.  I confess that I bought it on the weight of the solid reviews from the NRA site American Rifleman, and a couple of other guys like The Truth About Guns and M1911.org, some good comments here, and some blind hope. 

Saw a newer one at Big 5 last night, it had the 90 degree safety.  The coloring was different on the upper and lower receivers, more grey less black, while the rest of the parts were the same more black less grey that mine is. 

So on the flash hider they, Umarex, suggested tightening it half a turn from the point where the o-ring first contacts.  I've been following their manual which says:

"- Hand-tighten the compensator and then further tighten 1/4 turn using the supplied wrench."

So, they want me to tighten it more.  Hmm.