Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Are you still loving your 416?

Well I have had mine for about 4 months now and it has become my favorite 22.  Now it isn't a target gun like my Marlin 982sv or even my 39a but it dam well shoots as well as my Winchester 9422.  I wish they made this gun in a 22 mag!  I haven't had any problems with it and I shoot it all the time.  I probably have shot 5,000 rounds through it with just a few jams.  Mostly due to shooting the cheapest amo I can find.

Anybody feel differently after having their 416 for a while?

You're kidding, right? Of COURSE I'm loving my 416. My Smith and Wesson MP 15/22 is crying out of loneliness and from being ignored.  :bang:

500 rounds through it without a single malfunction. And I don't know about anyone else, but it was a breeze to clean. 15 minutes, start to finish. Takedown was a snap, literally, and it cleaned quick and well, using Hoppe's 9, a rag, a bore brush, patches, and of course, Hoppe's Gun Oil.

And the oohs and aahs it gets at the range adds to the joy.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Way to go HK!.

The 416D in .223 was the basis for the new USMC IAR (Infantry Automatic Rifle). They smoked the competition and the Corps is happy, happy, happy.  ;D

• 1 year later...

Well, I have had my 416 since Xmas and I have to admit its still my most favourite toy!! :thumb:

At our monthly Acton shoot one of the lads asked if it was possible to attach anything else.... `like possibly an ironing board`!!! 8)

Jealousy is a terrible thing!!

RR

So many attachments, so few rails.