Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Gander Mtn to be Guns only store

techmike

News story in our local rag today, the Gander Mountain store in Toledo is joining a small group of Gander's stores to convert to an all-gun format. The exec VP described it as "firearms, ammunition, firearms related apparel and tactical gear". It will be called Gander Mountain Firearms Super Center.  :thumb:

I may have to go get a job there.  ;D

I hope their model works, I also hope that they do not allow the political climate to dictate corporate policy.

Watching what has happened in the last few months, I am going to guess that many retailers will be adjusting inventory and stocking levels. I would guess Wal-Mart will not handle a tactical again...if not a complete elimination of semi automatics

We have a Gander in Toledo, a Bass Pro just south, and Cabelas 15 miles north just over in Michigan. Major temptation on my days off..... I mostly gave up on Gander when they stopped selling reloading supplies. Size wise they are smaller than both Bass Pro and Cabelas, but offered good prices on some firearms - they would order a huge amount of specific packages and name it a Gander Exclusive.

I've never been in a Gander Mountain, are they has much a temptation as Cabela's and Bass Pro. My wife doesn't trust me in either.

My closest Wal-Mart is selling tactical rifles, both .22 and M4 clones.

That's cool to hear, I have not seen a tactical in any of our local Wal marts since sandy hook..

• 2 weeks later...

Made it over to Gander Mtn today, wow. Wall to wall guns. Ammo shelves were stocked with lots of 12 ga, lots of .40, and lots of empty shelves. Only .22 I saw was super duper incredible match ammo for $29/box of 50. Almost bought a gun I don't need, saw an Armalite AR 24, pretty nice gun, seems very well made. But $600 for a gun made in Turkey was a bit much. I left with credit cards intact.