Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Magpul Upgrades

Got my Colt M4 22Lr Carbine from Big 5 Sporting Goods here in LA, it was on sale for $599, I did not want the Ops version with a rail because I would be adding on some black Magpul parts which I got from my local airsoft shop, they sell real steel Magpul items!

CTR Stock (Mil-Spec)  ;D just drops in

MIAD Grip Kit  :-[ now the holes in the rifle are not Mil-Spec so I had to drill 2 more holes in the grip with a 7/32 bit, fits great, just don't make the holes larger but move them down to so you can put the screw & washer back in.

PTS Trigger Guard (Folding Type)  :-[ here was another small problem, the trigger guard is not Mil-Spec either, I had to return the $8.99 for the PTS (Airsoft version) which cost $30.99. The MOE trigger guard is thinner and slightly longer that the holes don't line up, filing the length down a couple mm won't help because it's also not wide enough, but the PTS Folding version fits perfectly, more expensive though.

MOE Hand Guard  ;D drops right in because the rifle uses a standard delta ring. Don't make the mistake of buying the more expensive PTS version of the hand guard, it has no heat shield.

Illumination Kit  ;D these are polymer rails that attach to the hand guard, one of the rails accommodates a pressure switch for a flashlight.

Vertical Fore Grip  ;D just the plain hollow one.

Rear MBUS  8) I love this sight, very easy to use.

Magazine Assists  :thumb:

Rifle works great, fired off some Federal Ammo, did not run into any problems 'cept maybe an occasional dud round, feels and looks solid, even before the add-on parts from Magpul. Will post some pics later on, thanks for reading.

• 2 months later...