Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

tactical looking .22 hand gun

Alfa One

I need some advice from you guys.

I'm looking for a great looking .22LR handgun. Now, you have to know that my favourite looking handgun is a 1911. Unfortunatelu I haven't found any real .22LR yet. Only conversion sets, but they cost something like around $800 here.

Last week I shot a Sig Mosquito. It looks rather good, but I hated its trigger pull (I love the one on my Buckmark, which I love to shoot, but hate to look at).

I want a tactical looking .22LR handgun, what is out there on the market?

I own quite a few of these type pistols and one of my favorites is the CZ Kadet. It's every bit it's centerfire cousin. Matter of fact, they share a common frame.

If you like the SIG you might look into their .22 Classics. These are not Mosquitos but rather German centerfire frames with .22 conversions factory installed. As a matter of fact you can convert them back to centerfire. They offer the .22 Classic in the P220, P226 and P229.

Another of my favorites is the Kimber Rimfire Target 1911.

If I could find an inexpensive 1911 in .22LR, I would prefer that one. Unfortunately, at the moment they are impossible to find here at the moment. I saw that Colt Umarex is making them, but they are not on the market here (yet).

The weird thing is that I can obtain .22LR pistols very easily over here. For every pistol with a higher caliber I need a permit, not for .22LR pistols (for .22LR revolvers, again a permit?!). But most .22LR pistols look silly. The Mosquito looks pretty good in my opinion.