Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Anyone go shooting or buy a new gun this weekend?

imschur

Naw, but I did pick up my 1911A1 Citadel 3-1/2" from the gunsmith after he put an ambidextrous safety on it for me. The safety was a Cylinder and Slide, and while I've figured out how to convert most actions to a south-paws method, this is one that was always awkward. The new safety is great. Now I have the 5" 1911A1 to convert.

BTW I'm going shooting Tuesday, tomorrow I have a doctors appointment. May sneak in an extra day in this week also, I always try to go to the range at least once a week. Didn't get there at all last week >:(

Well here in CT most of our ranges are short 200yds and under. My schedule and the hours of operation of the ranges dont jive. The better of the ranges is in trouble. There are bullets hitting houses on the flip side of the mountain. Personally I think its a setup. I think someone wants to put them out an d develop the land. The houses are getting hit from bullets with some pretty impressive flight geometries.

I also belong to a gun club, also very informal except during scheduled events. Hours are great sun-up to sun-down. We have a pistol range, plus 4 close in pistol bays. For rifles we have a sight-in range, two regular rifle ranges out to 100 yards, one range out to 600 yards and  1000 yard range because the Marine Reserves train at our club. For shotguns we have trap, skeet, sporting clays, patterning and wobble ranges. Their is also an archery area, IDPA area and Cowboy areas.

The club also offers lots of training such as the Range Safety Officer and other NRA course. I want to get involved in the IDPA and have talked to several members who tell me it's okay to walk through the stages and several older members do (I have a bad ticker).

This one is cool, we actually have 2 ranges, one is close (5 miles) where we have pistol and centerfire ranges.  The other is a ways (20 minutes) but has high-power ranges out to 1000 yards.  Both hold competitions regularly.  It only costs $140 per year.

I would pay double that if I could have those ranges near me. I have a heck of a time trying to find somewhere to shoot.  :'(