Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Chiappa

447MSGT

Microgunner

Was the Chiappa 1911 really a POS?  I read through the other thread and caught on that you didnt care for it.  I was looking at working a lil OT and buying one.  I wanted to buy an after market clamp on rail for a light attachment and add a set of Hogue wrap around finger grooved rubber grips.  I was kinda goin for the LAPD Kimber look.  I dont want to waste money and time but I also have to wonder why they all seem to be about 100 bucks cheaper than the GSG 1911.  Its obviously for plinking and not precision marksmanship, but like I said I dont want to buy a steamin pile of poop. 

Master Sargeant,

I didn't like it at all. Couldn't wait to rid myself of it and did. But to qualify my opinion I must tell you that I am jaded. I own two other 1911 22s, a Colt Ace and a Kimber Rimfire Target, both are quite "all that". I found the Chiappa too toy like and I own many toyish 22s so this one was particularly cheap looking.

I'm in the minority though, most owners like them. Just not for me.

At some point I'd like to get the GSG 1911, at the cost of the good conversion kits I figure I might as well get a whole new pistol. Until then I'll keep plinking with my Buckmark Camper. The NM winner of the Ruger Rimfire Challenge has won the last 2 years with a Buckmark, bet that tics off Ruger. But I would like a .22 with all the same controls as my other 1911s.