Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Choosing a scope

imschur

Man i have been struggling on deciding what scope to get for the .308AR. I decided I wanted something good. I set my max around $1500. Problem is there is so many nice scopes in that price range. Currently Im leaning towards a Leupold Mark 4 or something from the folks at Night Force. My real problem is wrestling with myself over the cost. Part of me says spend $600 on the optic and the rest on more guns. The other part of me says treat myself to something nice. While Ive shot awesome scopes I have never personally owned  a good scope before.

Thanks guys. i actually did consider all those you guys mentioned. The Super Snipers are pretty inexpensive compared to the others. They are all fixed power at this time. The guys at SWFA are behind that project. I will most likely get one at some point for one of my AR-15's. I was pretty close to getting the Trijicon until I found the Leupold at Botach for like $1250. Everyone else is selling the Leupold for around $1500. At $1500 I would be inclined to go another $200 and get the Night Force. However since finding the good price on the Leupold it's real difficult justifying the additional $500 for the NF. I havent ruled out the NF, Im just  no longer at a 50/50 split on which to get.

Im normally a $600 and under scope guy but recently I did a nice  IT job on the side that will cover the cost of the optics. This scope is a once in a lifetime purchase for me. In the end it may come down to which is available.

Heres the Leupold and Night Force

imschur,  I'm an FFL dealer and can get you that Leupold Mark 4 scope #56080, new, for $1175.00 + actual shipping USPS Priority Mail.

Addendum: imschur, I just noticed at the top of Botach's web page is their "stimulis" 15% off sale. I went to checkout and there was a box to insert this code to receive the discount. This would be a substantial savings of $187.50 for a sale price of $1062.50. If this sale applies to this scope I'd jump on it.

• 3 weeks later...