Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Sig 522 Front Sight

redman

I just looked up the link an it is a dovetail to picatinny rail adapter for the sig 522 & 556. They list is made of aluminum with a steel set screw. I don't want to get in trouble by posting a picture from the website. If you want to see it just search the site with the number in the post above.

Cazio

Save your money. This thing is VERY flimsy.

I mounted it' date=' and it looked like a very good fit in the dovetail. Then I tigtened the screw and it nearly pushed the mount straight up right out of the dovetail. I applied a bit, and I mean a very small bit, of pressure to the rail with my thumb, and it bent quite easily.

I would NEVER trust this rail to hold a sight on a rifle I expect to trust my life to. No way.

I took some measurements with my admittedly old vernier caliper. Pay attention to the 1mm measurement. It's just not enough material for an aluminum rail. I'm not even sure it would be sturdy enough if it was made out of steel.

[/quote']

That is a nice looking sight. I think most people were excited about the adapter because it would allow the use of any of the many buis out there, I like the yhm that I have on my ARs but I read rave reviews about the troys. I have the sig hooded front  sights on both my 522 and 556 patrol rifle and really like them.

Cazio