Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

MK22

hoof

I got an MK22 this AM, and at the range it was great, it actually liked the cheap Remington golden bullet rounds.  At 25 yards with a crappy lean against a post it put 13 of 19 rounds in one ragged hole.  Can't wait to get some bench time at 50 yards. 

I do have a problem, the snap that holds the buttstock closed broke.  The button recesses into a pocket, and I lifted the rifle by the buttstock and it busted the top of the pocket.  I glued it, and it seems to be OK, it isn't under stress during functioning.  I just emailed ISSC and we will see how it goes.  I told them I have waited a while to get the gun, I am not sending it back.  We will see?

CHAZ

I got an email back this AM saying they are sending me a new stock, no questions asked.  I did include two pictures that made it pretty clear what happened.  If the stock shows up on my door step as promised I will be very impressed with their customer service. 

I got the stock this AM, complete assembly new in the box.  I offered to retun the broken one and they told me to keep it.  Great service, can't ask for more than that.

I shot the MK22 again today just to test a knockoff eotech that I am having trouble with. I fired about 150 rounds through it, and I only had trouble with one type of ammo, the rest all ran flawlessly. I have some old Winchester wildcat ammo that I got from a store clearance sale many moons ago (honestly the ammo could be 15-20 years old), and it would FTF maybe 10 percent of the time, with a good mark on the case rim. This stuff even malfunctions in my MKII, so you know how bad it must be! Other than that I had a few CCI's, then a bunch of different Remingtons, gold bullet, cyclone, some target ammo (Remington blue box) and thunderbolts. Everything worked fine, that is from slow match ammo up to hyper velocity, all went fine. Since I was just playing with the scope a lot of it was "rapid fire," and not a hitch. I fired it with the stock folded, and other than having an odd report that way it was fine like that too, and fun. It would run as fast as I could pull the trigger for several 3 shot strings.

I used the factory open sights a little, and while not Palma match they were decent for off hand at 25 yards. Windage adjustments seemed good, and I didn't need to adjust elevation at all.

As soon as the weather breaks I am going to install a 24x scope I have and do 50 yard accuracy testing, I will post the results.

The bolt does lock open on an empty mag as well. Someone had that question in a previous post. THe magazine was easy to load, even up to the 22 round capacity.

I had a Colt Umarex, and got rid of it because I wasn't happy with function or accuracy, this gun is much better in both respects (for the same money). I ordered an extra magazine, and I have a new stock on the way to replace the one that gave me some trouble, no questions asked, good customer service.

All and all I am glad I waited for this to be available to purchase another "tactical" .22. I am still jonesing for a 522, but that will have to wait.

CHAZ