Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

ISSC MK22

OK some bad news on the ISSC at least in my opinion .

1st the butt stock is a loose fitting piece of crapola ,I shimmed it with some pipe insulation foam to take out some of the wobble.

2nd the flip up sights are really cheap cheap cheap ,my rear sight is either bent or the windage screw was just poorly machined and the frt sight detent for elevation almost works ,crap here also .

Ahh and I was unaware it has a barrel liner set-up not a solid barrel .

Then to take it apart for cleaning looks damn near impossible and is not even recommended ,and when you do remove the lower and look inside at the upper you see alotta cast white metal looking stuff .

On the plus side it balances nicely and the trigger seems good for a semi auto slightly heavy ,but it breaks nice .

I also own the Sig 522 ,the sig had the early production bolt problem,But it seems alot higher quality than this ISSC ,its a breeze to take apart and clean the folding butt has some play but not like this rifle. Think I may have made an expensive mistake on this 1 . When I get to the range will give range report .

But if you had money for just the 1 I would buy the Sig .   

Day 2 with the ISSC the range is a washout today ,but I fixed alot of the play in the buttstock with foam pipe insulation .The frt sight I pulled out the brass plug (watch for small spring and bearing) and cleaned up the hole with a small round file put it all back together and got nice positive clicks for my elevation now ,seems that the hole was to small or the paint filled in part of the hole .

If anyone has the same problem that brass cap is not threaded ,I just levered it out with a tiny allen wrench .

The rifle on display didn't have the play in the buttstock in fact it was hard to open ,but I see no easy fix  except for the foam .

Found out some of the wobble in stock was a loose allen screw ,open the stock and on the bottom of the stock side is an allen screw tighten this up and  1/2 of the wobble was gone .I put a beveled rubber faucet washer inside stock and that took up the rest .

will post pics soon .

OK made it to the range today ,but couldn't mount scope the rings I had were to low to clear scope bell ,I had intended on mounting my 36x target scope and bench rest rifle to see how it would group .

So with the open sights I more or less just fired for function and break in .

I had with me federal blue box ,some wolf and crap some off brand ,but anyhow it feed,fired ,and extracted every rnd no problems at all ,so far so good.

It feels good off hand better than the sig ,the trigger is just as heavy but more feel to it .

The sig shoots better ,but my ammo was limited and this rifle is new ,The Sig is lacking a true bolt open on last shot ,but it does have a bolt release ,It does hold open on the mag but if you release mag without setting the manual hold the bolt will go forward .The ISSC has a bolt hold on last shot but not a bolt release you gotta pull the charging handle ,to me its more natural to hit the bolt release after yrs of AR 15 shooting .

Well anyhow I'm glad I have both ,looking forward to many more .

Its good to get away from the serious target guns and just plink away . 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ran into issues with my brand new ISSC MK22. Ran about 200 rounds with 2/3 being FTE.

Used CCI, Winchester and Remington. Went home and when cleaning it and noticed vertical bolt was laying inside loose. (what was causing the FTE's)

Also noticed small allen screws holding on picatinny rail were loose along with stock bolts too. Re-installed those with lock-tite.

Cleaned gun thoroughly and re-installed all other bolts tight. (had found the stock bolts loose as well)

Had previously tried several types of ammo and I was getting very annoyed and found Federal AMMO worked great. I installed 3-9x40 scope. Sighted scope in and started getting FTE's again?

Disassembled and noticed bolt was AGAIN laying inside. Cleaned and went to re-install and noticed threads were stripped.

I have made FOUR attempts to contact ISSC by e-mail along with the other 3 names they go by. Made several call attempts. No dial tone, answering machine picks up then hangs up.

I was trying to purchase the new piece (#39) even though it is under warranty rather than hassle and cost of sending it back. I will just tap it out and replace with a larger bolt.

This is one I would NOT recommend and will look foward to getting rid of it.

Do not even try to get in touch with the company. I may write a certified letter but why waste my time?

With a little luck they will recall the gun! (not likely)