Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Need 1 inch long cleaning brush for breach cleaning

Plinkster

I'm not able to find a one inch long cleaning brush for breach cleaning the Colt T22 M16, using the Otis flex rod kit. I didn't want to modify a brush I thought the bristles would just fall out. the Umarex website has nothing.

Any advice on where to purchase one or two brushes (part number and vendor if you can) that will work?

Thanks.

Thanks Techmike.

I was looking into this one, and it may be too large also. I'l lhave to call the place up and see if the length is 1 inch or less.

FG321.jpg

asmurff - Bending... How did you bend it? I don't want it too bent and get jammed or anything.

Does anyone else have issue with breach cleaning without removing the bolt?

Do most muzzle clean it?

Thanks.

Thanks Techmike.

I was looking into this one, and it may be too large also. I'l lhave to call the place up and see if the length is 1 inch or less.

FG321.jpg

asmurff - Bending... How did you bend it? I don't want it too bent and get jammed or anything.

Does anyone else have issue with breach cleaning without removing the bolt?

Do most muzzle clean it?

Thanks.

No I bent it 90 degrees so i could work it thru the ejection port and really work the chamber area, then I clean the whole barrel with a  snake fed int through the breech end. Sorry I may not have understood what you were asking.

Here’s the new skinny on limited breech cleaning (under two inches per OTiS). If using the OTiS Cleaning System and you have a limited breech you’ll want to use the #100 kit for .177 with the 321 short brush (in the picture I showed previously). According to OTiS this will do the job.

Something I found out while researching this. The 321 short brush threads are 5-40 and will only work on the .177 flex cleaning rod. The other .22-.30 caliber rods are larger in diameter and have longer couplings and the threads are 8-32.

I E-mailed OTiS and told them I had bought two kits (one kit was too short, it came with three small flex rods and noting was supplied to connect them) both .22 caliber and above and numerous brushes and nothing was working. The great service they have at OTiS, they will be sending me a .177 flex rod and brush for free since I’ve already purchased a kit.

It would have been nice if they explained all this on their website. I also asked why they couldn’t offer a stud for attaching two flex rods together to make it longer, no word back on that suggestion. I’ll go to the local hardware store and get some and do that. I also asked if that would be a problem linking two together, they never addressed this in my E-mail to them.

I’ll let you know how it all works out when I receive the new items.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry, I've been away from the forum for quite some time. I just wanted to update all ya'll on this thread.

As posted, Otis did send me my .177 brush,  longer cable, and some other little goodies for cleaning, free, postage paid.

All works great now, no issues. Thanks everyone for your help.  :thumb: