Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

heavy barrel

tony stark

if you can get sig to give you a barrel then i want one to. personally, i don't think they will do it.

now after spending the money on a set of sights the factory is now including sights.

what is making me angry is that not only did i not get what others are getting, i can't buy what they are getting without buying another rifle

Before people get too hot under the collar, it should be noted that Sig sells the 522 in several different configurations (and prices).  The version that comes with the heavy barrel should have the following part number on the case:  R522BBLCOMBO  This configuration typically costs a bit more than the single barrel version, from what I've seen.

The heavy barrel looks like the normal target type barrel used on rifles such as the Remington VTR. I'm sure it would increase accuracy.

However, the issuance of the heavy barrel does not appear to imply that there was any shortcomings in the 16" standard barrel. It looks like sig wanted to allow shooters to use the gun for competition shooting and long range hunting.  Probably would be nice to add some weight to the stock for that kind of work. I added lead shot to my Remington VTR's A1 stock by pouring lead shot into the space where the cleaning kit goes. Balanced it a little better.