Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Single Shot Tactical 22LR

Scotto

I'm interesting in finding or making a tactical 22LR for training and match shooting.  One requirement is that the firearm must be single shot-repeat, but not semi-auto.  This means that the breech operation must be phyiscal/manual by hand (like a bolt action or lever).  The reason for this rule is so during training or match, the shooter must break free from the stock or grip causing forced realigning to target versus a continual post for aiming. (good training technique-try letting go of the stock after each shot and regrip for aim and see how your shots repeat versus semi-auto use).

Besides Southern Gun Company from the UK, are there:

A-Manufacturers of single shot tactical 22LR with magazine capbility?

B-A conversion kit for replacing the blow back system with a mechanical breech system? 

Any lead would help,

Scotto

Maybe I'm not understanding the question, but I'd think any bolt action .22 would do what you want.

I have a Marlin .22LR bolt action I use when I start missing with a my competetion 10/22 because of lack of fundamentals to go back and work on those fundamentals. The process of working the bolt breaks the habit of spray and pray.

post-7-144124373273_thumb.jpg

I understand what you mean.  Its just I got a brain fart when I saw biathletes using a wooden stock 22LR, but the mechanism was a lever and not a bolt> I found out its an Anschutz Fortner.  The only problem I saw was how ridiculous it is to see a tactical style sport with benchmark style stocks.  I thought there may be a way to merge the technologies together to have a single shot tactical rail style firearm for carrying while running or skiing.  You don't need bullseye accuracy for a target that doesn't have scoring rings.  Just hit 5 targets, throw the gun on your back and go!

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this is what you are talking about, but I have always wanted one of THESE. I got to shoot one once after resurrecting it for a friend. It had been lost in a barn for 20 years. They are hecka accurate. The T bolt is a straight back pull, then forward, 5 round mag. I really like the one in the link with the thumbhole stock. Before and after pics.

post-10-144124373947_thumb.jpg

post-10-144124373974_thumb.jpg

post-10-144124374002_thumb.jpg

post-10-144124374005_thumb.jpg

In all reality, what you are looking for would be something similar to Remington's MSR or XM2010, which is a tactical bolt action sniper rifle decked out in AR asthetics.....only in .22cal

mpr1x550.jpg

As of yet, I dont know of anything like this. But if money is no object, Id recommend starting off with a CZ .22 action and barrel, and send it to a competent gunsmith to have them rework it with an AR style stock, forearm, and lower.