Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

battle of the 40 grains

M4rk

• 2 months later...

Aguila makes some very good ammo!  Over the last year I've had the opportunity to fire the hypervelocity 30 grain and SSS 60 grain and both have proven reliable yet inexpensive compared to "domestic" brands.

The ONLY trouble I've had is trying to fire the 60 grain SSS in my belt fed...the rounds simply do not want to slide into the loops, don't want to slide OUT of the loops, and basically create all manor of havoc, BUT, the SSS round feeds 100% through my Walther P-22 and my GSG-5.

Being subsonic one naturally wants to see how it works with a suppressor and in this area it performs quite well.  With suppression the report is a very muted, low frequency "snap" and that's it.

I LIKE the Aguila SSS but the fact that it pushes a bullet weighing 50% more than standard means greater bolt thrust.  Add a suppressor to that and bolt thrust could be damaging in certain guns.