Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

what mags to buy for my m4

scooter4n

Hi, IM new here.

My name is Peter.

Got me new Colt M4, looking to get some 25 round mags.

10 is to small and 30's are little to big, something like 25 will do just right.

Did look around forum, and didnt find answer for my question, so here it is

There are few out there, can I use any of them?

say this Brownells 26 round: http://www.policestore.com/.aspx/sid=52395/pid=41854/Product/26_Round_Magazine_for__22_LR_Conversion_Kit__Smoke?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&mc_id=p8000&gdftrk=gdfV21820_a_7c323_a_7c3467_a_7c080000548_d_080000547_d_20139

or this CMMG: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2MGCMMGM2622-1.html

thank you so much

Hello Peter, and welcome to Tac.22. I think that you will have to stick with the Colt/Umarex magazines. I have a 10, 20 and two 30s.and use the 10 the most for bench shooting. The mags in your link are for .22 rimfire conversions for AR  type rifles. They don't fit in the Colt/Umarex.

Regards,

TM

• 5 months later...

really wish someone made aftermarket ones for us. and keep them under $30

no1 has ever really compared side by side the conversion or  BD mags to the umarex mags. in the pictures though seems as though the umerax loading is farther back

at least not that i have seen after weeks and weeks of googling and asking around.

where is the cheapest place to get these umarex mags? iv seen them go for $50..re..dic..ulous