Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Review on new Beretta Neo

Michigan Joe

I took out the new Neo out today. Brought the CZ 82's out I recently bought for $199 each and the Ruger 22-45 too.

I decided to shoot the CZ 82's. Great guns. Not a lot of recoil and nice and solid. Recommend you get a couple before they are all gone. Got mine from Weiders Reloading. (I am unsure of spelling of that name.)  You get two mags and a nice leather holster. Ammo is inexpensive too. 50 round box for $10.00.

Then, I got out the Neo. Built in the US. The gun is nice and heavy. The grip is a soft plastic/rubber material. The grip is rounded, unlike a 1911.

How about shooting 100 rounds without one malfunction?  This is right out of the box without oiling first.

The sight pattern is really something. The gun has this massive rail on the top of the barrel. You feel like you are taking aim over the deck of an aircraft carrier. It us really nice.

I could see where some could saynit was top heavy. I forget what length barrel I got, but ut was not the shortest and not the longest if I recall. You could probably get the shortest barrel and have a little less of the top heavy feeling. I might just do that as this gun is like a Ruger or Buckmark where you might just want to collect a couple different variations.

It cones with two magazines  and the mags alone are worth buying it for. Why?  These clips actually have a large button that you can push down on to compress the spring in the magazine.

All the other mags ruin your thumb when you load. These mags will allow you to run some rounds through the gun without your thumb or fingers going numb.

Conclusion. Probably the best bargain out there if you just want to get out and shoot and have fun. They do look different, but that is because the gun was designed by Italians who like things to to look like they were "designed.". It really is a stylish little weapon. I could see this gun being a favorite of anyone who just likes to throw rounds down range toward cans or other inanimate objects. The way the gun comes apart us really cool. I recommend the gun as a weapon that will give its owner a lot of fun for the money.

Shooting the Ruger 22-45 was every bit as much fun. That gun has a nice balanced feel to it and fits well in your hand. Very smooth shooter.

The triggers on both of the guns could probably use some work to achieve a really "smooth" feel. They certainly perform as well as can be expected for the price of the guns. But, they work well enough.

Overall a fun hour out back. Will be shooting the new Buckmark next.

Decided not to shoot the new GSD 1911 22. Just did not like the feel of it. So, put it up on Gunbroker.