Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Which forearm rail systems fit the Colt M4 .22

Hello all! I'm a new owner of a Colt M4 .22 Carbine. I wanted the OPS model, but they were sold out at the time. Since I had to settle with the OPS I would like to install an alternative forearm rail system like this one:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/31023405-1.html

Would any AR compatible forearm rail work? Has anyone installed one of the Tapco models?

Thanks!

I just bought a Troy 11" TRX for my AR, and I tried to install it on my Colt M4 Ops first, but it doesn't fit the Colt/Umarex threads. So I am assuming at this point that no AR hand guard will fit the Colt/Umarex. I suppose that some enterprising person could fabricate a thread adapter that would do the job.....If you come up with something please let us know!

techmike - here is a link to evike.com for the trx 11" rail http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_106_286&products_id=36980  i've sent a message to my distributor to see if they can get these in since i didn't see it on my wholesale list but havn't gotten a response yet. if i am able to get em i'll send you a message, if not evike.com has a coupon code to save you 18%.  coupon code: facebook18    so total should be around $100 + whatever shipping method you choose from them. hope this helps others who are in quest of customizing there colts =)

My order from AirSoft GI arrived today, wishing I could stay home from work and install this rail! Looks just like the "real" one from Troy industries, same accessories, ect. - except it is labeled "milsim only". It is an aluminum alloy, but must be a softer alloy than the "real" ones. Will get it installed tonight and post some pictures.

My order from AirSoft GI arrived today, wishing I could stay home from work and install this rail! Looks just like the "real" one from Troy industries, same accessories, ect. - except it is labeled "milsim only". It is an aluminum alloy, but must be a softer alloy than the "real" ones. Will get it installed tonight and post some pictures.

Where's the pics? I wanna see this thing!

since the umarex colt is basically based off an airsoft receiver, most airsoft rail systems will work for colt.  also im able to get rail systems for really cheap if anyone is interested.  I have access to most of the daniel defense and noveske airsoft rail systems.

Has anyone successfully mounted a SIR type Rail ???

DDM2.jpg