Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

if you own a remington 700 series rifle read this

lmao_37

I have just watched a documentary on the remington 700 series of rifle that includes the 700, 721 well any remington 7 series of rifle, there seems to be issues with the safety catch that can lead to the safety firing the rifle without the trigger being pulled. Remington did recall the 600 for the same reason but not the 700. If you have netflix its on there its worth watching. I posted this because I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Drew I have watched both programmes Iam not saying the 700 isn't a good rifle I would have one tommrow but I would make sure that it is in good working order, but all I was trying to do is let the members of this forum know so it might save an accident, also in the cnbc show the didn't say anything about basic gun safety, I personally  don't chamber a round unless  Iam going to fire my rifles I don't keep one in the spout at anytime, also the firearm training at TDCJ says NEVER load a live round in to the chamber unless the firearm is going to be used and if you do chamber a round and then it is not fired you unload the rifle and do the unload drill inspect the rifle to make sure it is clear and made safe. Safety is a big issue.

Not sure what video Netflix is offering, Im just guessing it's the CNBC stuff or a rehash of it. Problem is if it is the CNBC stuff (or any major network or newspaper for that matter) it will have little credibilty among shooters as NBC has long been the most antigun of the networks and has historically taken very creative liberties in promoting fiction as fact and distorting the facts in general to sensationalize firearm issues. These are the same guys who portray AR-15's as fully automatic machine guns with the power to turn cinderblocks to dust in the hands of a police chief. It's sensationalism for non shooters.

I suspect most hunters will keep a round in the chamber as to not scare off game. It's my feeling that if this was still an issue with these rifles every anti gun group and lawyer would still be making a big deal of this. Bloomberg would have billoboards and busses devoted to the subject.

I actually have owned a 700 since the mid 90's. The only AD mine has experienced was a few morons putting there finger on the trigger as they aquired the target obviously violating the keep your finger off the trigger until your ready to shoot rule. Mine is guilty of an exceptionally good trigger. :)

I'm not hassling you. Just adding to your post and giving you some history. This was a very ugly subject on the internet a while back.

Of all the 700s I've owned and shot and all the 700s my friends and family have owned and shot, and that number is substantial, I've yet to witness or experience or even hear of a defective rifle accidental discharge.

NBC will throw anyone under the bus for ratings.

Most of the rifles experiencing these discharges have had their triggers "tuned" by someone, especially the military, or have been neglected to the point of extreme internal corrosion in the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to sell my 700 mountain rifle since I don't chase deer on large open properties anymore. I asked around at work if anyone wanted to buy it and after finding a taker, everyone chimed in about the "facts" they heard about the misfirings. All of a sudden nobody wanted it. Thanks to the media I now have a very expensive rifle (and a fine one at that) that I will probably never be able to sell. Thank you left wing anti gun biased good for nothing media!