Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Daniel Defense extended RIS on Colt M4

Elessar

I've seen a AR for sale on Bud's auction page that includes an rail system that extends beyond the front sight and I think it looks cool.  I have seen the Atlanta Airsoft version that is only 7" and looks very much like the stock RIS on my M4.  Does anyone know if there is a Colt RIS that does this?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 'URX 14" keymod rail' from ebay which was A. Cheap and B. Fits the colt.

It comes just halfway up the flash hider, but I run it with a 30mm diameter suppressor which fits inside the rail making it look internally supressed. I realise a suppressor may be a high cost in the USA but you could use a 30mm diameter faux suppressor like the spartan.

Hope this helps. (check my posts for images of my rail)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the replys on this thread.  I am new to the forum.  I am attempting to put a 15" hand guard on my sons Colt M4 Special Ops 22lr.  I have pulled factory installed hand guard as well as the front iron site. I am now trying to find a compatible 15" hand guard.  I have looked at the hand guards you all have referenced and was curious which exactly you purchased or know will fit.  Also is it ok to remove the barrel nut from the Colt?  Or will it fit with the new hand guard?  thanks so much

Welcome to Tac22. I put a Mad Dog TRX 11" battle rail on my Colt. Here is a LINK to my installation. (You will need Adobe Reader to view it.) You will probably need to remove the sight tower from the barrel shroud - I did & left mine off - had to fill in some ugly holes, but oh well. I have since put a 15" rail on my Colt, I like that a lot better. PIC

Welcome to Tac22. I put a Mad Dog TRX 11" battle rail on my Colt. Here is a LINK to my installation. (You will need Adobe Reader to view it.) You will probably need to remove the sight tower from the barrel shroud - I did & left mine off - had to fill in some ugly holes, but oh well. I have since put a 15" rail on my Colt, I like that a lot better. PIC

techmike if you don't mind which 15" did you put on?  Thank you

I used a Troy 15" Alpha rail, got it from Texas Gun Depot. If you go that route, in addition to the rail, you will need a standard AR15 barrel nut. Replace the Colt/Umarex barrel nut with the standard AR barrel nut, and the rail bolts right up with included hardware.