Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Trigger guard

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tracker, welcome to Tac 22, and congrats on your Colt! I have an early model, mine is removed by driving out the roll pin, (rear), the front pin is spring loaded, just depress it with a small punch and remove the trigger guard. Let us know if yours is different.

TM

I have heard that doing this is difficult on the Colt because of the metal the use, I hear it cracks easy.. Anyone shine some light on this for for me or am I just being a wimp.

The lower receiver is aluminum, I switched mine out, no issues. The Colt is accused of being all pot metal, blah, blah on many internet boards. In fact it is a purposely-built .22 rifle made by Walther in Germany for it's parent company UMAREX. Built under license from Colt.

post-16-144124388259_thumb.jpg

+1 on what Rodent said. It's not hard, I used an AR15 vise block, One of These, or you can use a Bench Block to support the rifle. (You can do it without those blocks, it's just a good excuse to order AR tools and/or other stuff from Brownells) Use a 1/8" diameter pin punch, and a small brass hammer. Drive the roll pin, (rear trigger guard pin), out from the right side of the rifle - it just takes a few very light taps and it doesn't even have to come all of the way out. As soon as the pin clears the trigger guard, it will swing down. The front pin is a captive spring loaded affair, just use your pin punch and press the front pin in and pull the trigger guard out. Reverse procedure to re-install. (Your mileage may vary)

TM

PS - If you do order from Brownells, use the link at the top - lowered shipping costs on orders above $125, don't forget to enter the code at check-out.

• 2 weeks later...