Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Just bought a 10/22 Takedown

Rugerhunter

:beer: Hi everyone...saw the 10/22 Takedown awhile back and had to have one!  Lol, so I've been looking at what mods to do and I'm looking at either a Volquartsen or Hornet trigger assembly, and whether I want to go black or silver, aluminum or poly?  I've ordered an original aluminum barrel

band off ebay so I can sand it to silver if I go with a silver trigger assembly or leave it black if I go with a black one.  What do you guys think, with the top of the Takedown silver, does a silver or black trigger assembly look better?  Also decided on Volquartsen ejector, but trying to decide on steel firing pin from VQ or a titanium one...opinions?  Thanks for your opinions and great to be on the site.

Thanks guys, no I haven't shot it yet, they had to order it, should be in soon!

I know the trigger is a weak link, so while I'm changing that I'll put in a better

firing pin and ejector, and charging handle.  Still can't decide if going black is

best or if I should go silver to match up with the barrel and receiver...thoughts?

You guys have an awesome weekend, btw!  :beer: