Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

.22lr ammo starting to show up

techmike

Walmart down the street from me is starting to get 22lr and 45acp fairly regular. And they're not selling out instantly. I went in on Friday last week at about 5:30 pm and bought my 3 box limit of 22lr and went back in Saturday and they still had a few boxes left. I didn't buy any more cuz I've got probably 3.5k - 4k rounds saved up from before the panic started and I would buy a brick or so each month.

I was in Allen TX this last weekend.  It is on the NE corner of Dallas.  The Cabelas had plentiful handgun ammo albeit a bit on the pricey side.  223 was plentiful in various brands/weights.  However rimfire was ZERO boxes in the store.  The gun counter manager said they get in may 50-100 boxes a week and even at a two box limit it is gone in less than an hour.  He said his sources indicate it will be at least one to two years before rimfire is back to pre-panic stocks even if then.