Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

.22lr ammo starting to show up

techmike

Just an fyi. Up here in the oregon I still havnt seen much 9mm and 45 have been showing up. Acouple small boxes of .22 (I like to call them the "fun size" boxes)

I've checked all the local bi-marts, walmarts, outdoor stores and find shelves full of shotgun shells. Nothing else, if anyone has any ideads, let me know. I'm trying to go plinking

Just an fyi. Up here in the oregon I still havnt seen much 9mm and 45 have been showing up. Acouple small boxes of .22 (I like to call them the "fun size" boxes)

I've checked all the local bi-marts, walmarts, outdoor stores and find shelves full of shotgun shells. Nothing else, if anyone has any ideads, let me know. I'm trying to go plinking

Did you check the ammo finder in the first post?

Here in OKC ammo is beginning to show up again in 9mm, 45ACP, 223/5.56 etc.  22LR is nowhere to be found.  A company rep said that 22LR is the lowest profit margin of all ammo made and will be the very last to return to the marketplace.  He said no ammo will be pre-panic prices due to the fact that all ammo pretty much resets upward on Jan 1 as a part of their annual increase in base prices.

The co's he reps for have not raised prices to retail except for the Jan 1 price increase that is normal in the market.

OK, I get part of that, but my understanding (albeit limited) is that a rimfire production line can't be converted to centerfire. The tooling, components and processes are specific to rimfire. The .22lr manufacturers say they are running balls to the walls, so where is it all going?  :confused:

Exactely.  The raw materials are being used on the centerfire line and the rimfire line is completely silent and non-functioning for now.  And again $52 fo r abox of 550 they can keep it.  I will never pay four times pre-panic prices for 22LR.  Now if it was say $20 or so, accomodating annual price increases yeah.  $52 = theft IMHO.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the Denver area, a couple of new Cabela's opened up, The North Store opened with 6000lbs of 22lr. I Believe they had a two box limit and didn't make it through the Grand opening weekend before they were out.

I avoided the zoo...a friend went the day of the grand opening and gave up after waiting a hour and a half and never made it in to the store.

• 4 weeks later...