Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Baikal Shotgun (By Remington)

Cyclone

Has anyone heard of these? I was in a shop looking for a economical autoloader. Mostly for clays. I am not going to be spending the big bucks on this. It is a gas operated auto. 4+1 capacity. Russian made and sold by Remington $450.00 takes it.

http://www.remington.com/products/archived/shotguns/autoloading/spr453.aspx

I am not getting your link to work but a few of my team mates have these and use them for slug matches.

They initially were almost the cheapest new gun you could buy for a while, but after a few people started giving them good reviews the price has almost doubled.

Industrial is how they are often described, not many finer points. But they work and keep on working. More like a tractor than a Mustang.

I would be more tempted to get a second hand Remington as parts and the option to customise are much easier to get.

Here is a UK review of a Baikal:

http://gunmart.net/gun_review/baikal_mp153_semi-auto/

The link works on occasion.  :confused:

I can have this gun for just under $400.00 it has 4 choke tubes as well. I have found a lot of info on them since I posted this. Sound like a very reliable piece. No frills. It also sounds like they were about $100.00 less when they were Baikal and not sold by Remington  :bang:

I'm in no hurry I will keep looking, I know the $13,000.00 Perazzi o/u, my buddy bought is out of the question. 

I am looking for more TRAP type 28" or 30" barrel bead sights, and several chokes. Remington 887 is nice as is the 11-87 just a bit more than I wish to spend on it at this point. The Black Shotgun is certainly my style, and considering we are shooting out in a field off our trucks its going to get a scratch or two. I have found some nice ones on-line, I am going to talk to my FFL guy about one being shipped.     

Have you looked at the Charles Dalys, they have some decent prices. I have one of their pumps and can't say I know much about their semi-autos.

I bought my son a Charles Daly semi-auto 12ga. Constantly malfunctioned no matter who shot it and with what ever ammo. Couldn't get through a single mag full without a hiccup. Sold it.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE : I am going with a Remington 1100 28" vent rib barrel 2 3/4" model. With a additional 24" barrel and four chokes. Used trade in at a local shop. Great shape and a real nice gun it should be a lot of fun.

The Remmy 1100 was my first 12ga. and was a great shotgun ... you will like it.  :thumb: