Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

taking it easy

lmao_37

I have  been taking a long look at what I do in my spare time.I use to fish for carp in the uk and found that carp fishing is taking off here in Texas. When I moved to Texas I shipped all my fishing gear here I thought carp fishing was a thing of the past for me well I have found so suppliers of the bait ingredients and other stuff I use so this year, iam going to be fishing as much as I can. I fished at buffalo springs last week and I caught two common carp at 7 1/2 pounds. I just can't wait.to go and fish lake fork in Texas and try catch some on the 40 pound carp and small mouth buffalo there. In The first photo I had caught a 17 1/2 pound mirror carp. The second photo is the first common carp I caught at Buffalo springs last week I have never caught a fish in such good condition. The fishing gear I use to catch carp.

post-121-144124393092_thumb.jpg

post-121-144124393095_thumb.jpg

post-121-144124393099_thumb.jpg

Smurf all I do to carp is weigh them photograph them and put them back alive I want them to grow big and fat. For me fishing is all about the fight that a fish puts up a good fight,  in 1998 I went carp fishing at a local lake a week after having my appendix removed and tore the stitches open fighting a 25 pound fish probibly wasnt the best choice I made lol it put me back in hospital for another 3 days .

This is the gear I shipped to Texas to fish with I have 2 12 foot carp rods with shimano bait runners 8010's and electronic bite alarms. I wish I had a photo of the game wardens face the first time they saw it at lake Stamford as he spent 10 minutes looking in his rule book to see if the way I was fishing was legal  he did ask how it worked and wished me luck and walked off and I didn't have a ticket  ;D

post-121-144124393104_thumb.jpg

Nice Doug! I used to fish for carp as a kid, about all that was in the river in those days. But I also used to fish for them in Folsom Lake near Sacramento. Biggest one I caught was near 40 lbs. Caught it using beef heart as bait. Out there, it is catch & kill as they tend to wipe out desirable fish.

I use a bait called a boilie these you can buy but I make my own and have been for about 20 years but since I decided to fish for carp I have changed up the recipe so iam trialing it at the moment. TM alot of people like to boast about killing carp while iam around just to piss me off I know alot of people think of carp as a trash fish but one mans trash fish is another mans sport. Personally I have caught alot of fish over here, catfish and crappie and drum and bass but I havnt found a fish that fights like a carp but I havnt fished for alligator gar yet. But I was told take a big hammer to kill them before trying to unhook them.

post-121-144124393114_thumb.jpg

Yeap that's my bait its hard to explain what it is and how to use it its good for catching bigger carp and its crawdad proof and its also good for the carp its high in protein and has alot of good stuff in there for the fish. Iam using this on a lake where the fish have never seen a boilie and iam having good success using them.