Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

New XDS

asmurff

• 3 weeks later...

I've been breaking in the XDS and I like it. One notable thing is this pistol has one of the most easily felt trigger resets of any of my pistols. No failure to fire issues, slight failure to feed you must chamber from slide lock (recommended by Springfield) or insure you have the slide all the way back before you release it. I'm pretty sure this will work itself out with break in, the XD Compact my wife had was the same way originally, but chambers easily on racking the slide now. The XD pistols come with some very tough springs which has been true on all 3 of ours.

• 4 weeks later...

Second range trip.

The XDs performed flawlessly through 200 round. I had one FTF which I caused with a limp wrist when shooting one handed with my non-dominate hand.

The racking problem resolved itself after the breaking in. I chambered rounds both from slide lock and by racking with both 5 and 7 round mags.