Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Marlin 989 M2

Pirate

I finally found a 989M2 (1973 manufacture date) to go with my two 99M1's. Purchased it in a private sale. Original rear sight came with the rifle. Came with two 7 round blued mags. Rifle is in VG mechanical shape overall, stock is great looking with a nice figure to the wood with no crack, splits or dings. The bluing on the barrel is thin and a previous owner removed the finish from the receiver and trigger guard so I may Duracoat the metal matte black. It was super dirty so I spent 3 hours and did a complete strip down and inspection and it cleaned up nicely. Bolt buffer was in good shape. The rifle also came with a vintage Weaver K6 (El Paso) scope that is in good shape. I will not use a scope on this rifle but I may have a place for it on another host.

[img width=800 height=565]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y217/jimcope/Marlin%20989%20M2/d21a32de-6da5-4508-892c-b2e4b80d1dc7_zps5e576749.jpg