Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Taurus TCP-738

Cyclone

I am thinking on purchasing one of these Taurus TCP-738 380cal. I currently carry a NAA mini (22mag) with the folding grip and on occasion a Taurus 745c Millennium Pro. But even though its a compact its like lugging a boat anchor around. I carry the NAA religiously it is always on me (when permitted) of course. I am thinking on this being a somewhere in bettween gun and small enough that I will carry it.

I really like the looks and size of the new TCP and I have two Taurus pistols and have had excellent service from them.

Has anyone either had any experience with this yet or read any reviews on it?

It appears to be of comparable size & weight with my Kel Tec P3AT. It is comfortable to carry and doesn't feel like a boat anchor. I carry mine in a Galco pocket holster in my front pants pocket or a jacket pocket.

Is there a grip extension for the magazine? That extra little makes it easier to handle. The grip sock helps also.

IMG_1912.JPG

Hey Cyclone - HERE is a good article on the new batch of small .380s.

It was from the last issue of the American Rifleman, your TCP 738 is reviewed. I also like Taurus; my Sweetie has a .357, I have a MilPro PT138 and a Judge. I would like to fire one of the recoil operated .380s - wonder how much less recoil there is compared to the blow-back models...

TM

• 2 weeks later...

Well I bought a TCP738 today. I read the reviews in a few different magazines and looked on line. I was tempted to go with the larger 709 Taurus which is a 9mm but once I got it in my hand it really is not that much smaller than my Taurus 745C which is a Millennium Pro 45-acp compact. A real plus to me was that Taurus is manufacturing the 738 and 709 here in the USA.  :thumb:

For how I like to carry (front pocket) the 380 is the choice I made. Luckily the shop had an excellent price on the gun and also had some 380ammo held back for folks with a new gun purchase so I actually got a couple boxes of ammo to go test it out with.

Oh yeah I got to run a few caps thru this bad boy (Taurus 738) that is. My first impression is the gun is a keeper. Nice pull on the trigger not to bad of a kick for such a lightweight and small gun. The sights if you can call them that are the only drawback but it is meant for concealment and not long distance accuracy.

I like  :thumb: :thumb: 

Plus ammo availability is a concern I bagged a box of 50 and a 20 box of some +p self defense rounds when I bought the gun. I also was extremley lucky today and bagged 250 more practice rounds at Cabelas.