Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

He pulled a pistol from his pocket

Microgunner

It just happened again. I can't even remember how many times this has happened to me in the course of my pawn broker duties. A guy just walked in, looked me in the eye, reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a pistol to pawn. The urge to defend myself was almost overwhelming. How stupid can people get? The funny part, if there can be one, is he thinks he's being cool, in the know, a gunslinger. This is what happens when people receive their training at the movies. Idiot!

Holy Cow....incredibly stupid. Need a panel in the floor that opens up and feeds them to the gators.

Has the shop ever been robbed?

Burglarized but never robbed. We've been cased a bunch of times but since we all carry openly they've never leaped. The Cash Americas and Value Pawns don't allow their employees to carry so they receive all the armed robbers attentions. We love those guys for taking all the heat and keep meaning to send them a Christmas card to show our appreciation.  ;D

Sounds more like a total idiot. He should have at least announced his intentions to you before reaching for it.

I was pulled over for speeding once and the first thing the officer asked was "do you have any weapons in the vehicle?"  I was happy to cooperate and do exactly as he asked. I left with an unloaded 45 and no ticket  :thumb: