Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

GSG-5 Exloded View

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I bought a GSG 522SD last weekend.  The first thing that I did was field strip it according to the manual to learn my new weapon and give it a good cleaning.  My only problem is that part 57 in the exploded view rolled out as I turned the lower over in my hand and I have no idea where or how it properly is placed.  There also seems to be a rattle coming from the trigger housing.  I am betting on not placing the spring back in the correct manner.  Any help?

AKA Dave

The same thing happened to me on my 1st teardown. I found the spring wedged up between the receiver and the breach so the bolt wouldnt close to battery. Had to use a bore loght to see it in there. Nothin special to reinstall the spring. With the breach body removed, looking into the ejection port you will see a vertical opening in the opposing side of the receiver. The spring installs into this channel and presses the metal plate down. If the spring is not in there that may be your rattle. Hope this is helpfull, I'm working from memory here. If not I'll try givin my 522 a teardown and takee some pics.

Good luck

I figured that's where it went, but there's nothing there to hold it in place?  Seems odd to me.  I 've placed the spring back and it still rattles.  Didn't do that at the shop, and it is that lever that is making the noise.  Pics would be helpful so thanks in advance.

AKA Dave

The only thing holding the spring in place is the breach body. Here is a pic of mine. I dont notice any unusual rattle. There is a slight rattle but not so much as to indicate a problem. With yours does it rattle alot? Is it fully assembled w/ magazine? That little metal plate the spring is pushing is part of the mag safety I believe and with the mag not istalled it may rattle a bit more.

post-1157-144124379847_thumb.jpg

Yep that's the part and the spring.  It does seem to rattle quite a bit both fully assembled with the magazine and without.  No difference really and there is a lot of lateral play in that lever.  I'll probably need to see if that screw is loose in the pic, although I don't recall being able to see it on my rifle.  But that does not make sense.  But that's my next step for now so thanks for the help.  I might just run it into a shop as well just to see what they think about the rattle. 

AKA Dave

• 1 year later...