Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

GLOCK 34

imschur

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one a few years back. It was my first and only Glock. I don't care what the advertising says, there is NO safety on a Glock. You squeeze the trigger and it fires! I also didn't like the extremely LONG trigger pull. I felt like my trigger finger was traveling 3 inches before the gun fired. I know hordes of admirers use them, but to me they're ugly, uncomfortable and just not safe. I would much rather have a S&W M&P or Springfield Armory XD. Just my $.02.  ::)

No longer own it but it was a fantastic weapon.  I wish I still had it.  I liked the long slide for sight radius and recoil dampening.  The trigger pull on mine was the same as on my Glock 22.  I would like Rick983 to defend his "unsafe" comment since these weapons are no more safe or unsafe than every other Glock made.

As with all guns, the only sure safety is the operator.  C:-)

I have an FNP-9 that has no operable safety mechanisms - no grip, thumb, or trigger safety.  It, like the Glocks, have internal safeties the help if the gun is dropped, etc.  Carry and storage methods for guns without safeties like this is different, you just don't keep one in the tube.

My 1911's are carried / stored in condition one, with the thumb safety engaged.  I keep a close eye on the grip and manual thumb safeties to make sure they are doing their job.

I think we can all agree that guns themselves cannot be deemed "safe" or "unsafe", as they are just inanimate machines that don't do anything without manipulation by us.  It's all about the operator.

:beer: