Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Colt Tactical 22Lr Feed Ramp

Guest Jeff Biddle

Guest Jeff Biddle

It's my fault.  I took the flash hider off for cleaning and the feed famp slipped out but not all the way.  Now I can't get it all the way back in.  I tried screwing the flash hider back on to draw on the feed ramp.  That worked a little.  I took a brass punch and tapped on it but that did no good.  Any ideas out there?  Thanks.

there's a spring and pin that has to be put back into place before the barrel will seat fully into place. By trying to draw everything back into place with the flash hider you have probably crushed the spring slightly when it was mashed between the barrel and reciever. All is not lost, CAREFULLY remove the flash hider and slide the barrel all the way out. You will see the tiny spring and pin, reshape the spring and restretch it slightly so it will maintain tension when the gun is reassembled. Now put the spring and pin in it's proper position( the hole) holding it down while the barrel slides into position. TechMike has a mod to do away with this spring....Ask me how I know how to do this....LOL

Sounds like Rodent nailed it - you probably need a new spring. Springs that small are difficult to find. (there is one some where in my shop - underneath something, somewhere) Hardware stores don't carry them. You can try ordering it from Colt/Umarex. Brownells also carries spring assortments. Or perhaps a local gunsmith has a similar size lying about. I actually cut a padlock apart once to get at the tiny springs inside. Good luck!

TM

• 4 weeks later...

I can't remember where I had seen the video - but someone had the same issue and tried to tighten up the barrel nut to draw the barrel and receiver back into place. It wound up stretching the barrel so much that the barrel was ruined. (rifling looked weird)The guy in the video said that when he tried to take the nut back off the barrel, the nut came off in his hand with a part of the barrel in it. Be careful.

HENRY