Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

New member and GSG 1911 owner

Luv2Shoot

I am new here. I have read a lot of good things about the GSG 1911 22. So much so I went and got one. It is great. It is not top of the line stuff, but it works. For me that is what it comes down to. And they stuff that could be better can be upgraded. And isn't that most of the fun anyways? If you have a 1911 already, you might want to look into this. But you might be better off with a conversion kit. I don't know. I have never had any. But if you want a fun 22 to shoot, and be able to have that 1911 feel with a quality gun for the price. Check it out. Some of the early ones had a few issues with bad parts. But the company has taken care of those. If it has a metal barrel bushing, it has the upgraded parts and you should be good to go. As I shoot it more, I will post more reviews.

Thanks,

Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought a GSG 1911 .22 last week after finally giving up on Colt\Umarex shipping the 1911 .22 Colt  and finally made it to the range yesterday.  It shoots on target with the sights as installed by the factory.  It is well made and feels almost identical to my 1911 45.  I put 200 rounds through it and had a couple of failure to feed until I learned to leave one round out of the clip.  After that it was flawless.  I don't think I'll be sorry I didn't wait for the Colt\Umarex version, but maybe I'll change my mind after seeing one.  For now I think I made the right move with the GSG. :thumb:

• 1 month later...