Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

loose magazine

bill323

I just picked up my 522 from the FFL today. Overall it seems like it is worth the $389 shipped that I paid for it except for an extremely loose magazine. Front to back it has a 1/4" of slack and side to side there is 3/16". When I handle the gun it makes all sorts of click clack sounds as it bounces around. I called the quality control number and they say they are shipping out a new magazine. I am hoping that it turns out to be a bum magazine and not a bad lower. I do have 2 blackdog mags on order. Hopefully all goes well with those. I will update when I receive the new mags.

I have not had a chance to shoot it yet, however I cannot imagine it being trouble free with the amount of slack the magazine has.

It does not affect function that I have seen.  I have fired hundreds of rounds through my 522 and no issues.  I have 4 mags, they all wiggle around like that.

It's just an annoyance.

The movement in my mag is not just an annoyance. When I described the issue to the Sig rep and had them listen to it click and clack over the phone they said it was not fitting as designed. I was thinking of spraying it with a spray on car undercoating to get rid of the toy guy magazine look and to tighten up clearances.

Interesting, mine fits a little loose, but not that loose. I know when they first came out there were a few folks reporting early versions had them so tight they couldn't get the mag in and out.

Even with the slight loose fit of mine, it has never malfunctioned.

I'm thinking they tried to tweak it and made it a bit too loose on some.

The movement in my mag is not just an annoyance. When I described the issue to the Sig rep and had them listen to it click and clack over the phone they said it was not fitting as designed. I was thinking of spraying it with a spray on car undercoating to get rid of the toy guy magazine look and to tighten up clearances.

Let them do right by you before you resort to drastic measures. Refresh my memory, are these mags proprietary to the Sig? If they arent these might look better

Just got back from a business trip and my new sig magazine along with 2 Blackdog magazines were waiting for me. I slipped in the sig and it was not better than the original and neither were the Blackdogs. I called customer support and the rep grabbed a 522 they had on hand and reported that there was some play in it. He said the 522 is not a combat weapon and that if I had any trouble shooting it that I should call back.

I am definitely not happy with this outcome. I am not one of those overly critical type either.

I may toss a video clip up on youtube if I find the time later.