Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Black Dog Billet Magazine

Features:

• Solid Aluminum        6061 Metal Anodized Black Magazine from Black Dog Machine LLC
  •   Made in the USA

• Ciener/Atchisson
    • Model 1 Sales
    • Spikes Tactical
    • Tactical Solutions
    • Target Master
    • Kel-Tec PLR22
    • Sig Sauer 522
    • *Will also function in the CMMG conversion unit.

Note: This is NOT the billet magazine for the Colt/DPMS conversion.
      post-1-144124368841_thumb.jpg
      post-1-144124368844_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know...in this age of throw-away-everything a machined billet magazine starts to look pretty good.

I have recently been eyeing the very same thing for my Ruger because I want hi-cap mags that will basically last as long as I do!

the constant force spring used inside these mags is easy to replace but those plastic magazine bodies don't generally hold up well beyond the 20 year point...I have some wonderfully reliable Eagle mags for the 10/22 that have proven reliable in everything up to full auto but sadly with age their polycarbonate shells are starting to show minute cracks.

To me, a machined billet, fully enclosed .22LR mag is probably the ideal "survival/combat" solution for any .22LR for which they can be had.  Sure it costs a fortune to buy billet mags but once you have them they will last forever.

until they see the price  ;D

I did something I dont normally do.  I emailed my contact at BDM to see about a loaner. I doubt it will turn into anything but you never know.

If you do, let us know what you think. I'll likely pick up a couple of these this summer and it'd be nice to have to have an opinion on them beforehand.

Great, good deal.  I am curious.

Odd about these coincidences.  I'd ordered some bullets from a place back in October, and still have no bullets.  Emails back and forth, but no bullets.  So last I ordered some from Rim Rock.  Well, they say they shipped them this morning.  I look on the credit card statement, and what do you know it looks like the other place shipped them as well.

• 2 weeks later...