Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Mosquito owners UNITE!!!!

Solscud007

• 2 weeks later...

Mosquito owner here ... tactical version. I wish I had rave reviews about it but have been thoroughly disappointed with the way the pistol functions. It's gotten better with some break-in and "smithing" but for the money I spent on it, I think there are way better choices out there. The little Sig doesn't hold a candle to the old 1st Gen P220 in form or function. JMO ... YMMV. :grin:

SigMosquito001-1-1.jpg

hmm havent had any complaints on my mosquito. only an occasional FTF but if I reset the hammer, they usually fire.

I like your tactical version. I wish I could put a mock silencer on mine. I suppose I could by the threaded barrel and instal it on mine.

Interesting that some have had major issues and others have had nothing but good luck with their Mosquito ... luck of the draw I guess?

I am doing the real deal soon so if you're in the market for the Sig Tactical Trainer(mock silencer), let me know. I've never shot my Mosquito with it mounted since I have the Tactical Innovations version mounted on mine instead.

http://www.tacticalinc.com/mosquito-22lr-fake-suppressor-p-556.html

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just got a mosquito yesterday now to get it to the range and see how she shoots... oh and i found out one thing that suprised me the salesman said that sig has a sale on now, if you buy a p220 you send them a copy of the receipt and some money and they will send you your choice of a 357 sig, 40 or 45 cal upper... maybe you guys knew it but i was unaware that the lower of the p220 was interchangable with "full" size uppers...

not sure he just listed off 357, 40 and 45, he may have just listed off the big boys, idk?... well just ran 200 rounds though the mosquito and she is a dream!!! only had 1 round fail to load, i am  thinking more of a mag prob on that one than the  gun itself... 100 rounds were with cci mini mag and the other 100 were cci standard velocity (basicly sub-sonic) windageis def off to the left though and she seems to shoot pretty low so ill need to play with that... but i really do have to say i was really worried about how well it would shoot after reading countless reviews online and talking to people it always came back a mixed bag half love it half hate it... 199 rounds to 1 failure to load is pretty good and at least 50 rounds ended up being very rapid double taps, and one mag i loaded with a mix of mini mag and standard velocity (both cci) and let it rip as fast as possible not a single hiccup... A++++ for sure!!! now to get some more mags

• 1 year later...

Ok went to the range today and put about 100 rounds through my new skeeter. Range report is all good. I tried 5 different ammo types: Federal American Eagle, Federal Auto Match, CCI Mini Mag, CCI Stinger, and CCI AR Tactical. All of which performed very well. Had best groupings with Mini Mags and 2 FTF's with the Federal Auto Match ( I think). I was also breaking in a GSG1911 that I picked up on friday. The GSG liked the American Eagle best but the groupings were better with the skeeter. I wasn't being very scientific about my testing with the different ammo types but in the 100 or so rounds that I put through each pistol, I gotta say the Sig Mosquito out performed the GSG 1911.