Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

RUGER SR-22

imschur

RUGER SR-22 Rifle

The new Ruger  SR-22 is an autoloading, rimfire rifle that combines the legendary reliability of the Ruger 10/22 with the ergonomics and configurability of the new AR-style Ruger SR-556. The new SR-22 Rifle allows shooters to use economical .22 LR ammunition, while still enjoying the look and feel of an “AR” and experiencing the reliability they have come to appreciate from Ruger.

Because it utilizes the unique rotary magazine supplied with the Ruger 10/22, the SR-22 Rifle offers the same gold standard for reliability in autoloading rimfire rifles. Like the 10/22, the AR-style SR-22 Rifle also has an extensive array of accessories available, allowing shooters to select a custom configuration that best suits their tastes and needs.

The SR-22 Rifle uses a standard 10/22 action inside a top-quality, all-aluminum chassis that faithfully replicates the AR-platform dimensions between the sighting plane, buttstock height, and grip. The SR-22 Rifle provides a Picatinny rail optic mount, and includes a six-position, telescoping M4-style buttstock (on a Mil-Spec diameter tube), plus a Hogue® Monogrip® pistol grip. Buttstocks and grips may be swapped out for any AR-style compatible option.

The SR-22 Rifle also features a round, mid-length handguard mounted on a standard-thread AR-style barrel nut.  Picatinny rails, specifically designed for this handguard, are available from Ruger, allowing the handguard to be configured to accept any number of rail-mounted sights or accessories.  A barrel support block is installed in the handguard, ensuring accuracy and allowing the standard 10/22 V-block barrel attachment system to be used.

The SR-22 Rifle is equipped with a precision-rifled, cold hammer forged alloy steel barrel. The 16-1/8” barrel is capped with an SR-556/Mini-14 flash suppressor mounted with a ½”-28 thread.

RUGER-SR-22.jpg

RUGER-SR-22_2.jpg

• 2 months later...

I did a Nordic build around my 10/22 last year. In the end it did not offer me any better handling or recoil absorbing qualities than any stock 10/22.

What I will say is that it ended up being so heavy I was having difficulty using it in competitions.

One of the things I particularly did not like was the difficulty in taking everything apart. If you got crud in your action you could not disappear for two minutes and sort everything out.

And when you did take it apart you had to re zero your sights every time. I know the sight rail is suppose to be the same hight as a AR15, but I found difficulty in getting my scopes to go that low.

I was lucky that when I decided to ditch the Nordic components part and the furniture, the $ to £ rate had changed and I sold it all for more than I bought it for!

Currently looking at a Spikes, which will be much easier to pop open and clean during competitions with no loss of zero.

As she was with the Nordic on

o6zq68.jpg

2m6uxzn.jpg

As she is now

2rqzg2x.jpg

And as she was when I got her

xc4vo1.jpg