Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

did i buy an older model or lemon???

well, i have been shooting the m4 ops almost daily. i have taken a toll on the local population of woodchucks, red squirrel's and chipmunks. the walther red dot really helps. i have had no malfunctions here at the house whatsoever. but, i have not done any rapid fire.

we went to lapeer for the timed shoot today, it was almost too easy with this gun. i had a blast. i had one failure to fire (cci stinger). it was a heavy enough strike by the witness mark on the casing to fire the cartidge from what i could see. i believe this was an ammo issue not the firearms fault.

i had one other failure, it was a failure to feed on one round only of cci tactical .22. it appeared the nose of the bullet was out of alignment with the cartridge and the action sheared the lead nose a bit. again, i beleive this an ammo issue not the firearm.

since its return from umarex i have ran about 5-600 rounds through it total, with 300 today at the shoot. only two issues. i consider that a great percentage. very happy now with my little ar clone.

we stopped at the gun shop on the way home, i finally broke down and bought a "REAL" zombie killer, the colts big brother, and new gun safe roomate.... a smith and wesson M&P 15T (tactical) in 5.56. it was in their "used" section but the factory oil was still on it, and no finish had worn off ANYTHING in the action/bolt group area. this thing was like new. got them to throw in 3 p mags, out the door for 1100 bux. about 5-600 savings over msrp.

now i have outfit it with some magpul furnature, and a decent optic. leaning toward the acog but, i am still researching the best bang for the buck. 

hope everyone has a great fathers day. i know i started mine out great. ski

does anyone have some m4 ops ris hand guard covers they want to sell? i would like to buy just one. umarex only sells the ris as a kit with the rail and 3 guards. was hoping someone isnt using all of theirs. i want to put a set on the M&P i like the feel of them. :D ski

does anyone have some m4 ops ris hand guard covers they want to sell? i would like to buy just one. umarex only sells the ris as a kit with the rail and 3 guards. was hoping someone isnt using all of theirs. i want to put a set on the M&P i like the feel of them. :D ski

Check your e-mails...