Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Ammo availability

steel609

Here and there the ammo is starting to show up more, and the prices are occasionally decent (compared to recent, not to 5 years ago).  I think it is slowly becoming more available.

I've bought 6.8SPC, 5.7x28mm, and 5.56x45mm from True Hunter Supply, and always had good service and prices.  I haven't tried to get any .22 from them.

I reload my .45acp, 9mm, .38spl/.357mag, and .44mag. on a Dillon Square Deal B.

I do not reload for my .223, 12 gauge, I don't shoot enough of either to justify the loader needed.

I have about 7000 .22LR on hand, but as you already know, that can be gone in a few good weekends.

Wally World needs to get more Federal 550 bulk pack in soon!

Wally World is hit or miss (mostly miss) on most cal of ammo. Bulk packs of 22 cal real scarce. They go as fast as they hit the shelves.

Olde English Gun Shop in Tipp City OH had a real good selection of ammo last week. Decent pricing, but not as good as Walmart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The gun store I use has always had some ammo but their shelves are full again. they are very aggressive in ordering their stock.

Our Wally world has a moron in the hunting and fishing area so it's always poorly stocked.

Big 5 and Sportsman's Warehouse are having more on their shelve also.

Still haven't seen any Federal Bricks though.

Hey guys - don't mean to hijack the thread but since we're talking about ammo - i need to get some. i was looking at cheaperthandirt.com and i want to buy .22 for my umarex m4 but they have all these different .22 like:

>  .22 Long

>  .22 Long Rifle

>  .22 Magnum

>  .22 Short

>  .22 Shotshell

>  .22 WRF

am i supposed to buy the long and/or long rifle ammo? and no, i've never bought ammo online before...

Hey guys - don't mean to hijack the thread but since we're talking about ammo - i need to get some. i was looking at cheaperthandirt.com and i want to buy .22 for my umarex m4 but they have all these different .22 like:

>  .22 Long

>  .22 Long Rifle

>  .22 Magnum

>  .22 Short

>  .22 Shotshell

>  .22 WRF

am i supposed to buy the long and/or long rifle ammo? and no, i've never bought ammo online before...

You want .22 Long rifle. The Colt is like most other .22s they can be selective on the ammo that works best in each gun. Good idea to find out what ammo your particular rifle will feed properly before loading up from an online seller.

Howdy - I have a Colt M-4 with a Leapers 6x32 Mil dot scope. All shooting was @ 50 yds, bench rest. Started with Federal 36 grain plated HP's intermittently available @ WalMart in 375 & 550 round value packs. It works very well, no stoppages and excellent accuracy @ 50 yds. Best so far. Remington 22 Cyclone cycled OK, but shot to the right and would not group. Win Super X plated HP was OK, but had a few fliers. Win Wildcat cycled OK, but the target looked more like a shotgun target than a rifle target. Remington Golden Bullet value pack was a problem - a few jams & not so good on the accuracy. Golden Eagle Target - (made in Mexico) - was very accurate, shot 2 inches lower than the Federal. Just received 2000 rounds of BVAC - have not yet tried it - have read positive and negative reviews of it. Will post back with a review.
The BVAC from Cheaper-Than-Dirt tested very well for accuracy, but I have had a few dud rounds. I got 3000 rounds of it for $24.75/brick.

TM

The BVAC from Cheaper-Than-Dirt tested very well for accuracy, but I have had a few dud rounds. I got 3000 rounds of it for $24.75/brick.

TM

thanks TM - i think they're out of stock. actually they seem to be out of stock for a lot of ammo. have you or anyone try FIOCCHI or Aguila Match? They seem to have those and are pretty cheap...i think.

• 2 weeks later...

Went into Academy last week, the pistol and rifle ammo shelves were all full - first time in a long time I've seen that.

Today at Gander Mountain, the shelves were LOADED with ammo - tons of it, all calibers.

Were the prices reasonable? The prices here have skyrocketed or at least the Remington I'm seeing on the shelves is crazy $49 for 50 rounds .45acp hardball, and $42 for 9mm. I've been able to find .22lr when I want it as my .22 rifle will eat anything.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...