Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

.22lr blanks

M4rk

Sorry bad idea! You fire a gun in the Albuquerque Metro area on the 4th of July or New Years, you are going to jail, if one of your neighbors doesn't shoot you first, I be a shooting neighbor. We've had to many incidents of gangbangers firing into the air on those holidays and innocent people being injured or killed by bullets returning to earth.

Sorry I definitely advise against it, even knowing the wad from a blank shot into the air would do no damage when it came back down.

Blanks have a purpose but celebrating isn't one of them.

Well, the military uses blanks for training and color guards at funerals, ect. But they are "dirty" and leave a lot of residue. Some can leave corrosive residue behind. But for .22s? I have never seen any .22 blanks that are the same physical size of a .22lr cartridge, so they would not cycle well if at all in a semiauto firearm. The only ones I have seen are blanks for starter pistols, (revolvers), and the  loads for powder hammers, and they come with a warning NOT to use them in a firearm. And really, what Mr Smurf said is excellent advice. My sister's car developed a bullet hole in the hood from someone on May 5th. Plus, you live in California, they have no sense of humor there regarding firearms.

TM

Sorry bad idea! You fire a gun in the Albuquerque Metro area on the 4th of July or New Years, you are going to jail, if one of your neighbors doesn't shoot you first, I be a shooting neighbor. We've had to many incidents of gangbangers firing into the air on those holidays and innocent people being injured or killed by bullets returning to earth.

Sorry I definitely advise against it, even knowing the wad from a blank shot into the air would do no damage when it came back down.

Blanks have a purpose but celebrating isn't one of them.

ya im also against shootin firearms in the air.. but im talkin bout blanks... no bullets returning to earth. but anyways.. jus wondered. LOL

Discharging any kind of firearm down in Houston, in a just for the hell of it type situation, is BAD NEWS down here..

A friend of a friend, of a friend..Well you get the idea. Just did 90 days in the Montgomery County jail, for getting drunk and decided it would be a good idea to shoot one shot out of his 12 guage in a rural area. The lady who lived about a 1/4 mile away called the police, and said someone was shooting at her. No questions asked, threw the cuffs on, and 90 days reckless endangerment with a firearm..I'd be very, very careful if I were you..

P.S. Firearms and alcohol are NEVER a good mix...People have been killed by blanks clowning around. Put the gun to their head pull the trigger, and the wadding and shockwave is sufficient to kill in the right circumstances...

And then there's the story of Terry Kath. (Lead Guitarist for the group Chicago)...Clowning around while drunk, pulled a 9mm semi, stuck it to his head and ended his life..Assuring all who were in attendance that the gun was unloaded, before he pulled the trigger..