Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

My Jammin Colt

44terryberry

Well, I have about 800 rounds through the Umarex 22,with assorted types and brands of ammo.It jams. So, I screwed in the "valve screw." It jams. Screwed out the valve screw. It jams. Cleaned it  surgically clean. It jams.Oiled it. It jams.Loaded the magazine under the full moon. it jams.The reason that I keep it, is cuz its wonderfully accurate,a dead ringer for the Colt M-4,and it feels "more solid" than my Smith 22.So, I am willing to put up with its problems.I cannot think of anything i havent done to prevent it  from jamming.Occasionally , I can make it through a whole magazine without a problem.But, like I said, I prefer it to the Smith,even with its jams.Anyone want to add anything? I think I`ve tried it all!

That's gotta be frustrating! Are there any other symptoms? Is the mag well and truly seated? Can't be pulled out unless the mag release button is pushed? Have you tried another magazine? If you did the complete disassembly for cleaning, did you put the ejector (part # 48) back in? (I know I have put my Colt all the way back together and found # 48 sitting there on the bench, hiding in plain sight) What mods if any have you done to the Colt? Sometimes it helps to put all the original parts back on, and if it works, try the mods one at a time.

TM

i have found 20 round mags work ALOT better. also, if you cannot get it to feed, eject AND you are getting light strike (failure to fires). i would send it to umarex direct. if you search my name, i had a thread thinking i had a lemon. i sent it in, they sent it back, i have not had one problem with it since. ski

Here are some common reasons and fixes.

Failure to feed -

1. Mag not seated/loaded properly- Tap bottom of magazine to seat fully. Ensure rounds are loaded straight and fully up against the back of magazine.

2. Dirty Chamber - Clean chamber of powder/lead residue

3. Dirty bolt - Clean bolt of powder/lead residue, and oil

4. Dirty Ammunition - Use good clean ammo

5. Recoil spring broken, or damaged - Replace spring

6. Burred feed ramp - Deburr and polish (recommend gunsmith)

Failure to eject

1. Ejector misalignment - use tool to realign ejector so that it firmly strikes the back of empty casing.

2. Dirty bolt - Clean bolt and oil

3. Dirty Chamber - Clean chamber of lead/powder residue.

4. Extractor stuck or broken - clean extractor, and check for proper function, or replace if broken or missing.

Failure to Fire

1. Dirty firing pin. - Clean firing pin of powder residue, and lubricate.

2. Dirty bolt - Clean bolt and lubricate. If bolt cannot return to battery, gun will not fire.

3. Broken firing pin - Check firing pin to make sure striking end is not damaged.

Ill tell you this, these .22 tacticals need like to be clean, and almost dripping wet with lube to function properly. If you still cant get it to work...send it in. Or have a gunsmith look at it.