Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

post those .22 handguns photo thread

rodent.22

Mine always has been, but not very fast on acquiring a sight picture, so I replaced the rear sight with a Tactical solutions which can also be used to mount a reflex sight or scope. I swapped out the front for a fiber optic one don't remember the brand brand. My times have gotten better in our Tactical rimfire matches with this set-up.

My only complaint ever about the pistol is the magazine release button is very stiff even after 11 years. Not go for rapid mag changes in competition.

• 3 weeks later...

Buckmarks are very accurate. I taught my wife to shoot with one and she hit bullseye every shot. Very good guns, lesson #2 keep wife happy, she can kill me now lol.

I was given this by my dad a few days ago. It is a .22 Hi-Standard Duramatic M-101 built in 1955. It was my grandpa's gun and dad thought I should have it. Still had the original box and holster with it too.

101_4578.jpg

Thanks guys. Yes the Hi-Standard is in very good shape and still operational, fires like a champ. Also had an extra mag still in the original red/maroon Hi-Standard box it came in. My grandpa and my dad both were religious about taking care of firearms, I blame it on their military service and coming out of the dust bowl/depression era Oklahoma. That religion of taking care of firearms was passed on to me.

As for value these old Duramatic Hi-Standards average between $300 to $500 depending on condition, market, buyers, etc. etc. This one won't be going up for sale though. Considering it cost about $37 when grandpa bought it brand new, i'd say we got his moneys worth. My dad has the brother/cousin to this one with the 6" barrell same M-101 Duramatic model. So someday i'll have two of these.

101_4577.jpg