Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

Electronic Ear Protection

imschur

A buddy has one those ear muff sets that allows you to hear unless your shooting. Are those things actually safe? Is there one brand or model better then another? I use foam plugs with some regular 29nrr muffs and cant hear crap. The electronic muffs with combined with the foam plugs seems like a great solution.

Thoughts?

I own and use a pair I bought years ago when these products first hit the market. I was having trouble hearing the Rangemaster's commands during competition's and the electronic muffs solved this. But, they don't protect your ears as well as good conventional muffs do. At least the pair I own don't.

I have a pair I wear at IDPA matches because I can hear commands otherwise. If I'm out by myself I wear ear plugs when shooting .22 and muffs and plugs for all else.

I did enough damage to my hearing during the 21 years I was around jet engines. So I'm very careful.

Has anyone every used the NRA's hearing program, I'm really thinking of checking it out and it is free!!!!