Rimfire World Community
Visit Brownells Visit AR15 Builder Visit Visit Site Visit Ballistic Advantage Visit Aero Precision Visit Cabelas

has anyone painted their GSG ??

I have a fondness for both the OD and coyote color schemes thats big right now ....I would love to see anyone who had painted the stock and hand guards on the guns especially the SD model....I know there isn't much to paint, but I like ot see how it looks before I commit

• 1 month later...

Other than using red and white crayon to highlight the stampings mine is still bone stock black/charcoal.  I HAVE however been giving some thought to freshening it up by painting it OD or desert sand.  I have no doubt the gun will look fabulous in either color.  Because of the rough textured anodized finish I'm confident any quality gun paint such as Gun Kote will adhere well.

I've been experimenting with firearm camo using inexpensive krylon camo paint from wally world. I did this tiger stripe pattern on my oem stock and forend from my gsg522. I then coated with clear rubberized coating to protect and give a textured grip. I have tried a couple different patterns and color combos on these parts but didnt take any photos of the others. I have a bead blast cabinet so removing the old paint is easy when i feel the urge to try a new idea.

post-1157-144124388991_thumb.jpg

post-1157-144124388992_thumb.jpg

post-1157-144124388995_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a fondness for both the OD and coyote color schemes thats big right now ....I would love to see anyone who had painted the stock and hand guards on the guns especially the SD model....I know there isn't much to paint, but I like ot see how it looks before I commit

I hope to see pics on here if you do  :thumb: